Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 14, 2012

Word Detective

I had no idea how much the kids would love this center when I first introduced it. It is one of the many choices the kids have for Work on Writing for Daily 5. This was one of my earliest centers introduce & has withstood the test of time & the waning interest of kids. Just something about those glasses, clipboards, & being able to walk around the room! They simply look for a word beginning with each letter of the alphabet. I love looking back at these papers & seeing the words they brought into the classroom. One student wrote all the names of the trains from Thomas!!! AND HE HAD THEM SPELLED CORRECTLY!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Kiddos love anything when you add glasses or a hat! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes they do! I need to find a "detective" hat to go with this, that's a great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete