Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Chairs For My Guided Reading Table!!!

Okay I have been DYING to make these! Here is the original Pinterest pin where I first saw the idea.  I have been putting it off for other projects though. I finally came up with the plan for how I wanted to do it- I did it a little differently w/ less materials than the pin used.
First, I got four buckets, removed the handles, cleaned & scraped them, & spray painted them black. I would NOT recommend cheap Walmart spray paint for painting buckets. It has already started to chip. I plan to paint over it with acrylic paint.


Then I used this poly foam I found at Hobby Lobby, I think it was less than $4. I used two packages of this for four buckets. One would be enough to simply cover it but I wanted to make sure that the kids can't feel the edges of the bucket through the foam---so I doubled up. I hot glued the two circles to each other so they wouldn't slide once I started putting the fabric on.

I just used a permanent marker to trace around the bottom of the bucket directly onto the foam. Easy enough right? Then just cut out your circle. I cut mine larger than the circle I traced because I wanted the edge to have a little more cushion.

Then I just kind of toyed with how I wanted the fabric to lay.

I found these little rectangles of fabric at Walmart. They are the little bundles you can get for about $7. I love animal prints! I have lots of it in my room. :) No worries, I'm an animal lover too!!! This is what it looked like after I just folded the fabric under to get a quick glance on how it might look.

\Okay & yes I took the easy route & hot glued my fabric instead of sewing or anything else. It worked fine & plus if I decide to change my fabric next year I can just pull it off & reuse the foam. :)


AND TAAAA DAAAAA! NEW CHAIRS THAT WERE EASY & INEXPENSIVE TO MAKE! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM SITTING PRETTY UNDER MY GUIDED READING TABLE.
No worries, I will do touch up painting now. :)
(((((Plus!!! No more putting their feet on the backs of their chairs!!!!!!!!! Wooo HOOOOO!!!)))))))

0 comments:

Post a Comment