Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My "Create" Board

I found this idea on Clutter-Free Classroom's blog here http://clutterfreeclassroom.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-create-board-to-showcase-student.html.
Mine is a little different. I only used red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, & violet. I used six boxes of crayons. 50 cents at Target & Walmart! :) The canvas was about $10 at Michaels. Walmart has two packs for $11...so if you want to make two or had a need for another canvas that would be your better buy.

First line up your crayons to get them where you want them. MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THEM FROM THE TOP OR THEY WON'T BE STRAIGHT! I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY. Fortunately they peeled off fairly easy so I could reposition them. Then using hot glue- glue them on one at a time. Then use a hair dryer on low heat. High heat blows toohard & makes the melting crayon splatter. It melts VERY QUICKLY so pay attention lol. :)
This top picture was right after melting- looks neat!

I used wooden letters painted white & then zebra striped (of course) to spell Create. I want this to inspire my kiddos. I am debating leaving it as is or trimming with ribbon...What do you think? This was a fun project that didn't take much time. I love the colors!

0 comments:

Post a Comment