Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 1, 2013

My Favorite Unit---Insects!

Today we learned the criteria for classifying a bug as an insect.

There are amazing resources for introducing insects out there. Just Google it! Here is a fantastic one I just came across for examples of insects. Insects

This is the power point I use to introduce Insects each year. I cannot find the original source. If you are the author or know who the author is, please let me know so that I can give due credit. This is a very basic lesson on insects yet perfectly suited for kindergarteners.

****Update! I found it! Freebie on TPT http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Insect-PowerPoint
Thanks Tara Stimac!

Then students have the opportunity to hold insects (plastic of course!) but very realistic. Then they get to draw their insect. They must make sure it has 3 body parts, 2 antennae,  six legs. This is a fun lesson! They love holding the bugs & pretending they are crawling around & making noise. :) Funny kids!!!

Teacher example






My favorite one! She did great!


0 comments:

Post a Comment